Saturday, January 4, 2020

Under the 2019 Christmas Tree

I got a couple of great robot surprises under the Christmas tree this year. I wasn't expecting either!

My wife, Dawnell, got me this cool long-sleeve T-shirt from Cafe Press. It is based, of course, on the Vitruvian Man drawing made by Leonardo da Vinci, but with a bot theme.



The other surprise was from my children. It is an inexpensive little bot called Novie.  It is available at lots of retailers (including Amazon and Walmart) for under $15. A feature-rich bot for the price - with multi-color LED eyes, IR distance sensors/receivers, a speaker for cool sounds (some naughty a bit rude!) - it has three "training" modes and you can teach it tricks using your hands. Tracy and Thomas got me the red model.

Here are some photos from the website, a couple of commercials for Novie (highlighting the "fart-nado" feature - spinning with sound), and a "training" video. You'll see that there is lots of fun for the price!








What a great Christmas! It is always nice to get a robotic treat under the tree. I hope you got something too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment