Thursday, September 13, 2018

IEEE Spectrum's Robots.ieee.org

Update - I recently posted a story about IEEE Spectrum's new Online Robotic's Catalog - see the R.U.S. post here.  In that post, I expressed my disappointment that they had not included any of Parallax's robots. So, I reached out to them via email as they suggested in "Calling All Robots,"  and I copied Ken Gracey, the CEO at Parallax, Inc. The article says...

So we ask again: What is your favorite robot? Go to the site and check out the robots we already have. Send us your suggestions of new robots to add by emailing hellorobots@ieee.org.
Today, I got this kind and understanding response from Erico Guizzo at IEEE Spectrum!

Dear Whit, glad to hear you like the site, and we're grateful for your suggestions.
In fact, we know Parallax quite well -- we see lots of roboticists using their products, and we ourselves used one of their wheel+motor kits for a telepresence robot project we did here at IEEE Spectrum (I'm currently recycling that robot into a go-kart for my daughters :)
So reaching out to the company was on our to-do list -- thanks for making the connection!
@Ken, I'm going to email you separately and copy our photo director so we can work on gathering images. 
Thanks all!
Best,
Erico
Erico Guizzo
Senior Editor
IEEE Spectrum
So, be sure to visit the world’s largest, coolest robotics catalog from IEEE Spectrum at Robots.ieee.org If you see something they missed, send them an email. 


As this proves, they really mean what they say! That is good news for students, teachers, and roboticists everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment