Here are a couple of videos showing the capability of Parallax's new Feedback 360° High Speed Servo. The first is by my friend Eric, aka erco, aka Servo's Mr. Roboto.
This following is a Parallax produced video.
Parallax has this description on their website:
I have a couple of these on the workbench to play with and they are very impressive. What a great new product! There are endless uses for a servo like this for robotic applications. At less than $20 a piece (with discounts for volume) - I think they will sell like hotcakes. Check em out!The Parallax Feedback 360° High Speed Servo provides the functionality of a light-duty standard servo, continuous rotation servo, high-speed servo, and encoder in one convenient package.Like most continuous rotation servos, the Feedback 360° is controlled by a 50 Hz pulse-width-modulation signal. What sets it apart is a return signal line from an internal Hall effect sensor system that provides digital angular position feedback.Utilizing this feedback signal, your application can make the servo to turn to and hold any angle, much like a standard servo but with an unlimited range of motion. Or, rotate the servo continuously at a controlled, verifiable speed—up to 120 RPM—as a robot drive motor. Control signal response is nicely linear across the speed control range.Features
- Bidirectional, continuous, feedback-controllable rotation from -120 to 120 RPM
- PWM positional feedback across entire angular range
- Internal Hall effect position sensor, which is not subject to wear or sensor deadband as are potentiometer-style feedback systems
- No need to manually “center” the servo
- 3-pin ground-power-signal cable plugs onto the Activity Board’s 3-pin header
- Separate single wire with female connector supplies feedback to a separate I/O pin
- Fits our Small Robot Wheel and Tire and Servo Wheels
Edit: It will be great to see how the use of these servos is developed in BlocklyProp!